Alpha 2020. The beginning, I face today hopeful and expectant. I understand exactly what is in my sphere of influence and am only thinking about those things for today. There is no need for the world to intrude on me, in this moment.
This time is for me. This little bit of quiet is for me to bask in, to enjoy. As I look around I contemplate on the hopes and goals and expectations that I have for this year. I’m pondering on how to make this year different from last year, how I can assimilate the learning and apply it to this new year?
Alpha 2020. The beginning. But what to begin?
A good friend, a martial artist, lives by the words of an old mentor.
What you do on the 1st of January sets the standard and the pace of what you will be doing for the rest of the year
Some might see that as morbid, or predictable or even routine. I see it as dynamic, a decision to step into the year – doing the very thing that you wish to be doing for the whole year. It’s a tangible and physical commitment to Carpe Diem – to Seize the Day.
Kinda maverick right? No wonder I like it!
How will I seize the day?
I’ve been thinking about that since October 2019. Every October my thoughts turn to consider the forthcoming year. What do I want to spend the next year doing and with whom? It’s a serious question, necessitating serious thought.
It’s a time of reflection, strategic thinking, creative thinking, passion searching endeavour. By November I usually have the answer and I’ve moved on to implementation. Ready for the launch of something new in January, and a definite refinement of what has gone on before.
So, Alpha 2020. The beginning.
This year sees a shift for The Maverick Paradox.
- In the period of October 2019 to December 2019, the Maverick Paradox Stable was determined. This year sees The Stable being, refined, defined and nurtured.
- A new website for Mavericks in the Workplace went live at the end of October 2019. MaverickParadox.co.uk (the new site), joins MaverickParadox.com; where you can learn about Mavericks and download the Maverick Paradox Podcasts.
- The launch of The Maverick Paradox Magazine takes place this year, although its available for a sneak peek now! This magazine is written by mavericks to provoke maverick leadership everywhere.
- A new LinkedIn Page for the magazine has been set up, along with its own dedicated Twitter account.
- I will start writing book 2 this year.
- More professional speaking to take place and of course new clients to assist!
Is that it?
No, of course not! It’s too early to be definite on my plans. It’s in my nature to allow my pathological curiosity a free reign.
I’m eager for the new year to begin. Alpha 2020. The Beginning …
Let’s get on with it!